Day 3
Well - actually still day 2 - After leaving the Library last night back to the Hostel room for a couple of hours of sleep-or at least a lay down. Then (after only a couple of days eating Chinese morning Noon &Night decided to go Indian for dinner. Having been very weiry during the day, probably just the humidity & heat I figured a good meal, heaps of water to drink might make a difference. Yes it did. From the Indian Restaurant - yes this one would actually have classed as a restaurant, but still quite reasonable - it was off to the Peak Tram and up top to see the sights. Splashed out & got a guy to take a photo of my whilst there. Quite a number of people up there with their digital SLR camera's 8 foot tripods (actually it only had 3) and trolleys with PC's colour printers etc.
Day 3 13-Aug-04
Off to the South Coast today, Stanley & Aberdeen. I also booked the same single room for another 3 nights, as it wasn't at all noisy - I haven't heard the door bell go once the entire time. Decided to only go the chinese for 2 meals a day so breakfast is a now a bakery visit & fruit from the market (mind you most of the rolls in the bakery have meat etc baked into them.) You have to choose carefully. Passed a stall selling "sigg" type aluminium bottles for HK$25/28/30 so I bought one of the larger ones for 30 (ie under AUD$6). It has Coca-Cola logo's on it but the fact that it is blue...... After an aborted trip on the tram to the western end of the island (the tram stopped, the driver stuck his head up the steps and rattled off something to the passengers who all got off & trapsed off to the Bus stop.)I thought time to go elsewhere, so off to Stanley. This buying thing must be setting in. Stanley market had quite good looking "Leki" style walking sticks for HK$70 (
Day 3 13-Aug-04
Off to the South Coast today, Stanley & Aberdeen. I also booked the same single room for another 3 nights, as it wasn't at all noisy - I haven't heard the door bell go once the entire time. Decided to only go the chinese for 2 meals a day so breakfast is a now a bakery visit & fruit from the market (mind you most of the rolls in the bakery have meat etc baked into them.) You have to choose carefully. Passed a stall selling "sigg" type aluminium bottles for HK$25/28/30 so I bought one of the larger ones for 30 (ie under AUD$6). It has Coca-Cola logo's on it but the fact that it is blue...... After an aborted trip on the tram to the western end of the island (the tram stopped, the driver stuck his head up the steps and rattled off something to the passengers who all got off & trapsed off to the Bus stop.)I thought time to go elsewhere, so off to Stanley. This buying thing must be setting in. Stanley market had quite good looking "Leki" style walking sticks for HK$70 (
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home