Day 2 HKG
Slept in 'til about 9:30 went to change rooms at 10, down graded from a double thats got a really short bed to a single that is (only) slightly narrower but is standard (Aus standard) length. Unfortunately this new room is next to reception so I'm not sure how noisy it'll be. I may get woken by the door bell a few times I suspect. It probably won't be too noisy other than the door bell - but that is pretty loud.
Off exploring the area on the "central" side of Causeway Bay to grab breakfast. Once fed headed off to the east end of the north coast on the tram to Shau Kei Wan to check that end out. Met some rather amusing guys on a fish stall at the local market when I asked if i could take a photo. They really started to put on a show for me -with the fish (Dead & cut up ones fortunately, not the ones swimming in the buckets). Spent a couple of hours wandering about exploring, along some really fancy new waterfront areas (no action) & also in the "backstreets" (lots of activity). started to feel quite tired & figured I'd head back to the hostel to unpack some damp clothes that I'd had to stash in my pack becasue I couldn't yet get into my new room.
Headed back to town on the tram again - because it's so much more interesting than the MTR. After hanging up a line in the room (where it'll get air flow from the fan in the Airconditioner) I headed to the Library to book a session on this terminal. Got a slot from 4 o'clock - bookable for 1 or 2 hours. Took it for 1.
With an hour to fill in before getting on the terminal I headed off to find some lunch. The place I chose had a menu with english on it and would have been very easy to order by pointing except that the noodles where a choice of Hokkien Noodles, Thick Rice or Vermacelli. They hadn't separated the hyroglyphics for the three types of noodles so I had to try and act out thick Rice Noodles somehow. Fortunatelly the guy over at the register had some English and we were away. Ordering the iced tea was easy because the guy on the next table had one to point at.
Headed back to the libray started writing some stuff in a diary to fill in some more time waiting for the terminal. Somehow managed to spend the 3/4 of an hour in no time, so I went back to see if the 5-6 slot was still available. So I put myself down for that to. haven't mentioned the weather but I haven't been rained on whilst I've been out today - not sure if it did overnight. Overcast if you can call it that - just very very hazy.
Off exploring the area on the "central" side of Causeway Bay to grab breakfast. Once fed headed off to the east end of the north coast on the tram to Shau Kei Wan to check that end out. Met some rather amusing guys on a fish stall at the local market when I asked if i could take a photo. They really started to put on a show for me -with the fish (Dead & cut up ones fortunately, not the ones swimming in the buckets). Spent a couple of hours wandering about exploring, along some really fancy new waterfront areas (no action) & also in the "backstreets" (lots of activity). started to feel quite tired & figured I'd head back to the hostel to unpack some damp clothes that I'd had to stash in my pack becasue I couldn't yet get into my new room.
Headed back to town on the tram again - because it's so much more interesting than the MTR. After hanging up a line in the room (where it'll get air flow from the fan in the Airconditioner) I headed to the Library to book a session on this terminal. Got a slot from 4 o'clock - bookable for 1 or 2 hours. Took it for 1.
With an hour to fill in before getting on the terminal I headed off to find some lunch. The place I chose had a menu with english on it and would have been very easy to order by pointing except that the noodles where a choice of Hokkien Noodles, Thick Rice or Vermacelli. They hadn't separated the hyroglyphics for the three types of noodles so I had to try and act out thick Rice Noodles somehow. Fortunatelly the guy over at the register had some English and we were away. Ordering the iced tea was easy because the guy on the next table had one to point at.
Headed back to the libray started writing some stuff in a diary to fill in some more time waiting for the terminal. Somehow managed to spend the 3/4 of an hour in no time, so I went back to see if the 5-6 slot was still available. So I put myself down for that to. haven't mentioned the weather but I haven't been rained on whilst I've been out today - not sure if it did overnight. Overcast if you can call it that - just very very hazy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home